Happy Earth Day! I heard a funny quote the other day and thought I would share it with you.
“If you really think the environment is less important than the economy, try holding your breath while you count your money!” Not really sure who originally said it….but on Earth Day it seems appropriate!
How are you celebrating Earth Day?
So now for the list – in remembrance of this proverb, “Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to teach a man to fish, end world hunger.”
Here are our top 7 ways to celebrate Earth Day:
1. Give a friend a plant for his garden.
2. Teach a friend to plant a garden.
3. Teach a friend to teach their children how to plant a garden.
4. Begin a compost pile to create a rich soil for your garden
5. Raise backyard chickens – they make healthy compost for your garden and have tasty eggs.
6. Plant a proverbial tree.
7. Volunteer to clean up a park or other area of your town.
See how easy this is? And the best part is when you grow your own food, it tastes sooo much better and packs a better nutrition load as well. We have 80 fruit trees, a huge garden and chickens! The fresh food it worth the effort!
What are you growing in your garden this year?